How to Deploy a Windows 10 Servicing update as a Application
When a little after windows 10 build updates started coming out Microsoft released a new feature in SCCM called Windows 10 Serving. This feature is used to deploy windows 10 build to devices, However the deployment status and some of the reporting are not always the most accurate. So I will show you away that you can deploy the update using a standard application deployment.
- You will need to enable the windows 10 serving feature in your SCCM environment or have access to a SCCM setup that has windows 10 serving enabled. If you dont have it enabled here is a good way to do so
- Download the Windows 10 Serving Update, to do so find the update and right click Download
- Once you have the update downloaded navigate to the path you downloaded the update to and copy the content of the GUID folder to a folder in your content library source. You should see a esd file and a WindowsUpdateBox.exe file in the folder.
- In the folder you copied the content to create a bat file with the following
start /w WindowsUpdateBox /Update /PreDownload /quiet start /w WindowsUpdateBox /Update /Install /quiet start /w WindowsUpdateBox /Update /Finalize /quiet
If you dont want the application to reboot the device ad the /NoReboot switch to each line
- Now create a application that runs as the system using the batch file as the install application and for the detection method use the following
- Setting Type: Registry
- Hive: HKLM
- Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version
- Value: CurrentBuild
- Data Type: String
- Operator: Equals
- Value 17763
- The value will be different based on the update you are pushing out
- From there you can use it like any other application
Windows 10 features have built-in capabilities and support for third parties application, that allows corporate IT departments to use mobile device management (MDM) and other application software to secure and control devices running the operating system. In addition, organizations can use traditional desktop management service software for fulfilling general-purpose requirements such as Microsoft Configuration Manager, Microsoft office. vps windows 10ReplyDelete
wow, brilliant post approximately computer parts like flash storage. I am exceptionally much curious about this kind of web journal. Typically really supportive. Thank you so much for this curious blog.ReplyDelete
Thanks for Sharing..Keep Update…ReplyDelete
Web Hosting is the process of buying space for a website on the World Wide Web.
What is Web Hosting
Web Hosting for Beginners